SIGN IN | REGISTER

Subject Selection for year 10 ... wondering if you choose ATAR or General subjects?

admin
Posted by Studentbox user
on 04/08/2016 at in  Year 10
Hi Studentbox Community! 

I am a Future Student Advisor at Curtin University and I chat with high school students about University everyday! 
Last night I was at Northam Senior High School and I received a great question from a year 10 student not sure which subjects to choose. 

The questions was.... "Should I choose ATAR or general subjects... I'm not sure what to pick."

My response to this is... "It is your personal choice. At the end of the day, it is up to you with what subjects you choose.
Pick the ones you are most interested in, also keep in mind which pathway helps you to get to where you want to go. Think about if you see yourself going straight to University after you finish year 12 or if you study at a TAFE/RTO or if you enter the workforce or you might take a gap year. There are heaps of things you can do!

Your teachers, careers councilors, parents and friends can influence your decision, give advice and help guide you but at the end of the day it is up to you. So make the decision for what you want to do and link it in with what you think you might like to do after you finish school.

Just remember that if you want anything in life you can achieve it. You just need to work hard, do your best and aim for your goals. You can do anything you put your mind to."

If you have any questions about subject selection and year 10... comment below! I'm keen to have a chat and share some advice :smile: 
don't strees do your best forget the rest QUOTE.jpg
461 x 410 - 97K