SIGN IN | REGISTER

Can you still apply for medicine, if you haven't done chemistry but plan on doing it as a bridge

admin
Posted by Studentbox user
on 13/08/2017 at in  ATAR/WACE
Hi guys,
So i was wondering, can you still apply for medicine, if you haven't done chemistry units 3 & 4 but plan on doing them as a bridging course, also if UMAT testing can be sat next round?

Assuming the indicative ATAR score is met. 

Comments

• admin
    Studentbox User
    Whats like the prerequisite subjects for UWA medicine

• admin
    Studentbox User
    the only prerequisite is chemistry, which i am unfortunately not doing 
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    Dear Jess,

At Curtin University, you will need to have Chemistry ATAR to be eligible for consideration for our Medical School.

If you have achieved an indicative ATAR of 95 and above but did not complete Chemistry ATAR, you can still be considered for our Medical school however it will be for 2019 entry. as you will need to apply for our Bachelor of Science (Health Sciences) in 2018, complete the full year with a course weighted average of at least 80% or above and also complete the 2 chemistry units in the course to satisfy the Chemistry prerequisites.

As for the UMAT, you will need to sit the UMAT on the year you are applying for our Medicine course, in your case will be 2018.

Kind Regards
    Hussin
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    Hey Jess I just remembered that Curtin also has a really good student help which you can send any uni related enquiries. I had a similar question about medicine. However they can set you out with brilliant answers. I found my answers I got were perfect. I will most likely use their advice. It definitely will save time at uni next year. As now I know the undergraduate course I was going to embark was not necessary for what I needed an a bit off topic. Please do contact them as they are amazing. You could possibly ask Jodi or the other studentbox guys. They are really good to have a chat to about just about anything. Have a great day tommorrow Jess!!!
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    5th last sentence, 5th word "an" is meant to be and. Sorry guys I'm terrible with checking before sending!!
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    95 ATAR for curtin med lmao
    99.7 at UWA
    Guess that says a lot