There are many positive benefits of exercising such as:

• Relieves tension
  • Clears your mind
  • Lifts your mood
  • Improves sense of well-being
  • Reduces stress
  • Minimises anxiety
  • Decreases depression… and the list goes on

The best part is, you don’t have to run a marathon to get the benefits. Here are some tips to help you stay active throughout the year

1. Have fun

Enjoying exercise is just as important. Healthy hobbies like dancing, surfing, yoga, boxing have amazing benefits too

2. Get friends and family moving too

It’s more enjoyable doing activities with family or friends, and a little encouragement can go a long way

3. Limit transport usage

Walk, cycle or scooter to school instead of using the bus or train

4. Check out your local facilities

You may have a local swimming pool, park, walking trail, sports leisure centre that you can use

5. Join a school sports team

Summer and winter sports are a great way to keep active with your friends. I loved playing for my high school Netball team!

6. Help with house chaos

Your parents will love you for it :smile: 

Try and get 20-30 minutes a day, you’ll feel better for it! And if you have any creative ideas that other people could benefit from too; share them below.

Comments

• admin
    Studentbox User
    edited May 17
    Use where you live and what you have to your advantage. For example i live right on the river and i have a kayak it's a great way to get out in the fresh air
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    That's such a great idea @JoshMorcombe :) I live in Stirling which isn't far from West Coast Highway, so I often go for a big walk along the coast on a Saturday or Sunday morning to start my day  o:)