SIGN IN | REGISTER

QUESTIONS ABOUT UNI?

admin
Posted by Studentbox user
on 25/09/2017 at in  Going to uni
Hi guys!

If you have any questions about what it's like to be uni student, comment down below and I'll try my best to answer it!

Also, I know you're all stressed about the upcoming exams. I did English ATAR, Japanese, Maths, Chemistry, Economics and Accounting in Upper School so if you have any questions, ask me! :smiley: 

Regards,

Regina
Student Ambassador 2017

Comments

• admin
    Studentbox User
    Hello, I would like to know how hard was doing language for you in year 12? I would also like to know about how hard are the year 12 WACE chemistry and English exams? What can I do to increase my chances to do better? Please give me some tips. I will be moving into year 12 next year. :) 
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    edited September 25
    Hello regina.n, do you have any year 11 or year 12 maths methods, chemistry, and English notes. If you do would you mind sending me some of your notes? It would help out a lot. If you do not have any available that is fine. I am trying to gather some notes from people to do better in my upcoming exams. If you have any please send me a message. I would really appreciate it thank you so much. :) 
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    Hi Tabassum!

In regards to your first comment, I don't believe any subject would be particularly 'hard', as long as you do your absolute best. I enjoyed doing Japanese in Year 12, even though it involved a lot of memorising, specially because you have to do two exams: oral and practical.

With Year 12 Chemistry and English exams, my main tip would be to practice past exams and get feedback from your teachers afterwards. I didn't do particularly well in English in Year 11 since English was my second language. But in Year 12, I wrote a lot of practice essays from the WACE exams and past school essay questions - then get feedback from my teachers afterwards. That ongoing cycle made me prepared for the Mock and WACE exams :smile:

In regards to your second comment, I don't have any study notes available (aside from Accounting) as my old laptop is broken. But, I believe there are some study notes in the 'Exam Resources' tab.

Kind regards,

Regina
  • admin
    Studentbox User

Hi

I am in year 12 and I want to do a subject in uni but I do not have the perquisites

what do i do?

• admin
    Studentbox User
    Hi Bahjo, 

Although not yet a University student myself, I would suggest contacting the unversity you want to go to and ask for their advice. If you definitely need it, I know that a lot of universities offer a 'bridging' course which helps to get you ready for university. Basically like a University crash course. This could be a way in to the course you would like to do even though you do not have a prerequisite. But the main thing to do would be to contact the Uni :smile: 

Gillian 
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    Thank you Regina :)