SIGN IN | REGISTER

Human Biology

admin
Posted by Studentbox user
on 20/06/2018 at in  Year 12
I am thinking of moving from media ATAR to human biology ATAR in year 12. I have missed all of units 1 and 2. will that effect me in any way? will i be massively disadvantaged?

thank you!

Comments

• admin
    Studentbox User
    I haven't done human bio myself, but people I know who have done it have said it is very content heavy and even if you do study a lot for it, it can still be hard to learn all the content. It also normally gets scaled down as it's considered a rote learning subject. This might make it very difficult to catch up as science subjects already build on content you've already learned, but if you really want to do it, I'm sure you'll be fine  :)
  • admin
    Studentbox User
    Hey, I am currently in year 12 doing human biology. You might be hearing people saying it is enjoyable or perhaps informative but my god there is a lot to learn. Units 3 & 4 are in their own ways independent from units 1 & 2 but there is assumed knowledge from those units. If you can handle learning two units of information (in a very bulky course) and then do another two in year 12, then go ahead but really I don't think it's worth it. Overall you will be at a disadvantage with assumed knowledge but also you won't have had a year to figure out how to study for a subject that you have to regurgitate and apply facts.